To me, the spring season means pretty flowers, spending time outdoors in the warmer temperatures, new clothes, and of course, refreshing our home! We are still getting snow here, but once it melts, I know I will be in the mood to clean everything. Even if the weather won't cooperate, freshening up our home is one way to welcome spring.I stick with healthy natural products during my spring cleaning and our home gets clean without the harsh chemicals. I'd recommend trying this free seasonal set of Mrs. Meyer's spring soaps + Grove Collaborative glass spray bottle + walnut scrubber sponges. Use the following spring cleaning tips to welcome spring into your home:
- Round up all your cleaning supplies into a bucket or caddy. Then you can just grab and go when you have a minute to clean.
- Unless you love cleaning, don’t try to tackle everything in one day! Pick one thing or area to clean each day for just 5-10 minutes. I enjoy listening to podcasts or music and setting a timer to motivate me to be efficient!
- Coffee is a must for me. To keep your morning cup tasting fresh, fill up the chamber with a 50/50 mix of water and vinegar and run a brewing cycle. Brew 3 pots of clear water to make sure all the vinegar is rinsed out. Then wash your carafe with Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap.
- While you’re busy tidying up, toss your old sponges. Replace them with Grove Collaborative walnut scrubber sponges, which are made from crushed walnuts! To keep them fresh, toss them in the dishwasher once a week on the top rack.
- You’ve been snuggled up on the couch all winter, but now your pillows and cushions could use some freshening up. Try this DIY fabric spray: 1 tablespoon of baking soda, 5-10 drops of essential oil, and water in your Grove Collaborative spray bottle.
- Indoor activities, snacks, and slushy boots can leave lots of mystery stains on the carpet. An easy solution for cleaning includes the following: Mix one tablespoon of Mrs. Meyer’s dish soap into a cup of hot water. Dip a white rag into the solutions and blot it into the stain.
- A change of seasons calls for a change of scents. Put out a pretty new hand soap (I love Mrs. Meyer’s peony) and a fresh towel. As a bonus, Mrs. Meyer’s soap adds a pretty pop of spring color to your countertop.
- There’s nothing worse than cleaning the drain (ick!), so pour a pot of boiling water down the drain and let it do the hard work instead.
- After all that cleaning, there’s nothing better than a relaxing shower — but mineral deposits can slow your water pressure to a trickle. Soak a few paper towels with vinegar and wrap them around the shower head, covering all the spray nozzles. Leave the paper towels overnight, then remove them and run the water to rinse.
This offer from Grove Collaborative ends Sunday, March 19 so grab your free spring set now!